Meditation is a practice that is used to achieve greater mastery of the activities of the mind so that it ceases its usual background chatter and becomes absolutely quiet and peaceful. Read below to find out how important it is to make a daily habit of meditation for your own well-being and health.
Importance of meditation for personal growth, development, and empowerment
Every form of meditation allows to drastically reduce the number of thoughts that pass through our head. According to some studies, the number of thoughts that the human brain performs in a day is about 60000. If we divide 60000 for 24 hours a day are about 2500 in an hour that divided about 60 minutes ago about 41 thoughts in a minute.
Reducing the number of thoughts that arise grow and develop in our head has a whole series of beneficial effects that we will see later not only on a psychological level but also on a physiological level, that is on our body.
How to meditate for the well-being
There are different ways of meditating. We have probably already used some of these without even knowing it. You do not ask the practitioner not to think (which would be impossible) but using techniques that allow you to bring the focus on one thing and try to maintain it.
For example, reciting a prayer is meditation. The mind focuses on a specific figure, on specific words, leaving everything else behind. The rosary or crown used in the Catholic prayer finds its analog in the Indian religion, the mala and in the Arab culture, the tasbeeh. Meditation is part of all cultures and we do not even know it.
Several studies have shown through scientific research that meditation can bring the following benefits at a psychological and physiological level.
The benefits of meditation on your overall health & body
- It reduces anxiety and depression.
- Mindfulness improves concentration.
- It increases the number of connections between the neurons of our brain, making it more responsive
- Meditation modulates the brain waves bringing them to a frequency value close to that of sleep, thus reducing stress.
- It reduces stress, muscle tension, and asthma
- It balances blood pressure
- Reduces the production of cortisol (stress hormone) inducing improvements in sleep in memory and weight control
- It increases antibody production
- It balances the production of hormones
Nowadays we are always called to show our skills, our potential and we feel in a constant challenge with ourselves and with the others: at work, at home, on social media, basically everywhere. We definitely need some time for ourselves, a little break from the world and its demands to start focusing on what really matters: our health and our happiness. We don’t need to show up to expensive yoga and meditation classes to create a healthy habit.. not at all! The only thing you need is meditating daily even if it is just 5 minutes a day to finally reconnect with your true self and work on the best version of ourselves.
Meditate for your own well being
It is thought that meditation has something mystique in it, or it can only be practiced by monks on a top of a mountain. Actually you don’t require to have much experience of meditation, you only have to be committed to learning to meditate daily with small steps at a time. There are dozens of meditation apps that will guide you on how to start meditating fast for beginners.
There are lots of daily challenges that can make you feel overwhelmed and helpless. You only have to take time for yourself at least 10 minutes a day for the beginning, when you can practice meditation and calm your mind. Then, once you gain some meditation experience, you will be able to improve the quality of these meditations. It’s time to take care of yourself and improve your general well being and mental health.
We have developed free morning meditations for beginners which will help you start a new day fresh and relaxed. All these guided meditations can be found in our mobile app called MindTastik.
Start meditating to evolve and for your own personal development
And then follow these simple steps:
- If you are a beginner, then 10 minutes daily for the first month will help you get more insights into the meditations.
- We recommend starting the day with a morning meditation. This will allow you to be prepared to face the daily challenges with calm.
- If time permits you, we also recommend taking 5 to 10 minutes of meditation time in the evening, this way you will clear your head with the problems you faced during the day.
- There are many meditation postures and you can find more info in here. Explore the meditation technique and you should use the posture which helps you feel the most relaxed possible.
- Just close your eyes and let your imagination do the work.
- Pay attention to your breath and see how it fills your lungs. We only recommend guided meditations for beginners.
- Allow your mind to observe anything that pops up during this meditation.
If there are intrusive thoughts that appear during your meditation, don’t stress out! Just let them be there and try to make them disappear without too much effort. Follow these steps and the more you practice, the easier it will be for you to achieve calmness.
Do you think it would be awesome to have a guide to support you and lead you in your meditation journey towards the best version of yourself? We got you covered! Do you need to meditate on multiple goals, or just one, or just to quiet your mind now and then? Be sure to check our app which provides you everything you need about meditation. Developed by professionals our app not only provides mediation but it has a lot of unique features which allow you to get the best out of any meditation: your involvement. Please check out the app and you will be halfway there to finally find the best version of yourself!