Published on November 19, 2021 – Last Updated on March 29, 2022
“I’ve been waiting for this moment since I was a little girl.” If you are a mom-to-be then, you may have been saying this quote. But what does it really mean? The mom-to-be is reflecting on the long journey she took to get to this point in her life but also expressing her excitement about starting a new chapter as well. Pregnancy can be an emotional time for expecting mothers, so here are some tips from real moms that might help you through your pregnancy and birth experience!
The Mother’s Love is Begining
Being a mom is one of the most rewarding experiences in life. It’s something that will change you forever, for better or worse. You’ll face challenges and grow as an individual because being a mother means giving yourself fully to your children – body, mind, heart, and soul! We all know what it feels like to love a child, but how does it feel when that bond is created between you and your unborn baby? It’s amazing! That connection with the life growing inside of you makes every moment magical.
Just Breathe…and Sleep When You Can
The first trimester can be rough for many women. Morning sickness usually follows no schedule, so there is no way to predict when it will hit. The best thing you can do is to drink plenty of water and eat small meals throughout the day, stay away from greasy foods (that usually make it worse), and sleep whenever possible. If you are feeling nauseous all the time, then try taking a warm bath or shower to ease your symptoms – this is one of the best tips for mom-to-be.
Weeks 13-28 are filled with excitement, joy, and happiness! This part of your pregnancy is when you get used to feeling your baby move around inside of you – it’s so fascinating! At this time in your pregnancy, women usually feel more energized and sleep much better.
The last trimester is when things start to slow down. This time in your pregnancy usually feels like the longest, but it’s also filled with lots of excitement and happiness because you are just moments away from meeting that little one that has been kicking around inside! It can be exhausting for some women who experience severe nausea or swelling during this time, but our best tip for mom-to-be is to eat small meals and drink lots of water!
How Can I Prepare?
There are plenty of things you can do in order to prepare yourself mentally and physically. First thing’s first: update your wardrobe! Many moms feel a little self-conscious during this time because their belly keeps growing, but you don’t want to be wearing big comfy sweats all day long. Make sure your clothes are comfortable yet stylish – which is why our best tip for mom-to-be would be to wear maternity clothing!
Secondly, make a list of things that need fixing around the house or items on your baby registry so you can get them done before you give birth. You don’t want to be overwhelmed with work after the baby arrives, so take care of it beforehand!
Lastly, start preparing for labor by learning about what is going to happen – this way, there are no surprises when your contractions hit. The more prepared you feel will result in a better childbirth experience overall.
New Mother with First Child Can Be a Perfect Mother with The Right Tools
There’s plenty of material on the internet about pregnancy and birth to assist you in finding the best resources. That being said, we recommend using :
- Contraction App – This will help you track your contractions and prepare for labor.
- Hypnobirthing App – Hypnobirthing is a natural birthing method that can help ease the pain of labor, which means you’ll be more relaxed and ready to welcome your new baby. Click here to download one.
- Pregnancy Online Course – There is a lot of information out there so it may be beneficial for you to take an online course that can help guide you through your pregnancy and birth. Click here to learn more about our recommended courses!
- Baby Tracker App – This will keep track of all doctor’s appointments, ultrasounds, weight gain/loss, etc. It’s also great for keeping in touch with loved ones.
- Breastfeeding App – This will help you track when the baby is eating, how much he/she ate, and for how long. Most importantly though, this app will teach mom-to-be all about breastfeeding!
- Birthing Ball – This will help you stay active during your pregnancy.
- Prenatal Yoga Classes – These classes are a great way to find some peace and relaxation during this time!
- Pregnancy Massage Therapy Classes – This is something that helps mom-to-be relax while also providing pain relief, especially for backaches.
- Birth Affirmations – These are meant to help you achieve a positive birth experience.
- Crystals for pregnancy – These crystals can help mom-to-be with pain relief and other ailments that may occur during pregnancy.
Moms To Be Ultrasound
The first and the most important is the 12-week ultrasound 3d. Moms need to be because it helps a lot in the first stages of pregnancy. In addition, it gives information regarding how healthy the baby and mom are doing, which can help with medical management during future checkups.
Another reason why every woman should have an ultrasound at this time is that it provides parents with more advanced notice about any possible birth defects.
This is the first time both parents can see their baby on ultrasound. It is a magical moment that brings them closer to each other and makes them feel more responsible for what they are about to become.
The best time for mom-to-be to have this ultrasound done would be between 11-14 weeks because it provides you with more time to prepare for the baby.
The Second Ultrasound
The second important ultrasound is between 18-20 weeks of pregnancy which is called the anatomy scan. During this ultrasound, you can get a better idea of how everything looks inside and what issues there might be in the -be can also see the baby’s sex, which many moms-to-be waits for.
The third ultrasound, and probably one of the most important ones mom-to-be needs to have done before she delivers her new bundle of joy, is between 32 weeks – 35 weeks. This is called a fetal biophysical profile future, if any at all. At this point, it’s really helpful because mom-to-be can see the baby’s heartbeat, movements, breathing patterns, and more.
Another benefit of having this ultrasound done is that mom-to-be will find out how much her little one weighs at that point in time! This information helps a lot with knowing if there are any issues or not because every mother wants their baby to be as healthy as possible.
The fourth ultrasound that mom-to-be should have done is between 36 weeks – 38 weeks of pregnancy which includes a lot of the same information from the fetal biophysical profile but also checks for amniotic fluid levels and placenta location. If there are any problems, this ultrasound can help give more specific details about what issues there might be.
The last ultrasound that mom-to-be should go for is between 38 weeks – 40 weeks of pregnancy which includes all the information from previous ultrasounds but also checks the baby’s position, placenta location, and more!
Having these five ultrasounds done before delivery really helps with knowing how healthy your little one is and provides you with the information needed to prepare for their arrival.
Inspirational Pregnancy Quotes
- “The healthiest I’ve ever been in my life was being pregnant. The only thing that broke the monotony was the cupcakes.” — Ashlee Simpson
- “Everything gets flatter and larger, and I’m sitting here in the middle of it all, wondering who you’ll become..” — Carrie Fisher
- “A baby fills a hole in your heart that you didn’t know was vacant.” — Unknown
- “Those who claim to sleep like a baby generally don’t have one.” — Leo J. Burke
- “Heaven and hell are inextricably linked. The only place where you can have both is motherhood..” — Unknown
- “You’re the grandma if your kid is gorgeous and flawless, doesn’t cry or fuss, sleeps on time, burps on demand, and is an angel all of the time—you’re the angel.” — Theresa Bloomingdale
- “Being pregnant is like having an elephant sit on your bladder while someone kicks you in the ribs. ” — Unknown
- “A pregnant woman should wear what she wants to wear. She shouldn’t be made fun of by other people because somebody else is uncomfortable with it… If you’re going to look at a number on the scale, we all need to take a good look in the mirror and say: ‘Why am I so mean?’” — Katherine Heigl
- “I don’t think you can explain love, but it’s there and we’re lucky to feel it. ” — Sissy Spacek
- “There is no way I would ever do anything to harm a baby. And the things that were written about me hurt my children more than anything else. I was so careful with them. ” — Jennifer Garner
- “I have an overactive imagination, but it would be cool to do a movie where you’re pregnant and your husband is dead..” — Jennifer Love Hewitt
Best Being a Mom Inspirational Quotes
You can easily make a lovely picture book by posting the quotes from a new mom and uploading them to Instagram. We also love using new mom quotes to create stunning baby shower presents or write a beautiful congratulations baby card. Can you list the inspiring quotes by mothers and women in your life? Then go to our Facebook community sharing your favorite words and quotes with other like-minded mamas.
And finally, consider making a picture book of the most inspiring quotes and give it to new mamas.
-There is no one right way to parent your child
-You can do anything for ten seconds at a time (says my therapist)
-A tired mommy is usually an unhappy mommy
-I am strong, I am capable, and I will not break
-You are never too tired to be a mommy. You are also never too tired to take care of yourself either. Listen to your body if you need some rest! *famous women quotes*
-I may have failed as a parent at times, but that’s no reason for me to stop trying
-Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself *famous women quotes*
What do you say to a mother to be?
You might be feeling excited, scared, overwhelmed, and exhausted. All these emotions are normal when you’re pregnant! It’s a big change in your life, and it can feel like a lot to take on. There is no perfect time to have a baby – but the sooner you start preparing for it, the better off you’ll be!
What do you say to encourage a new mom?
You can help a new mom by just being there for her. She’s going through the biggest change in her life right now, and she needs someone to lean on! Of course, every day will be different, but you’ll find yourself getting closer as time goes on – especially if you offer support with things like cleaning or cooking meals!
What are some good tips for new moms?
There are so many different things you can do to prepare! The best thing is to educate yourself on your pregnancy, birth options, and breastfeeding. It’s also good to get support from other mothers who have been there before. For example, join a group like Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS), or go to your local breastfeeding support group. You can also look for other mom-to-mom resources like parenting classes or even meetups at parks!
Your future children will be your greatest accomplishment. Let’s get started on the journey of preparing for their arrival and taking care of them with our hypnobirthing app that experts have created in pregnancy, birth, and postpartum wellness. You can find out more information about how to prepare yourself or a loved one for childbirth at HypnobirthingApp.com
Tags: good night’s sleep, diaper bag, hospital bag, great gift, perfect gift, accessories clothing, newborn, baby shower